Already since 2004, Betase translates technical documentation from the English into the Dutch language, and vice versa. A Dutch audience gets more familiar with a technical subject by translating the technical information from a ‘foreign’ language such as English into the well-known Dutch language. The other way around, a Dutch subject receives more attention worldwide by translating the technical text in question from Dutch into English.
Due to his thorough technical background, technical writer & translator Eddy Brinkman of Betase is familiar with the technical jargon and many specialist terms. This makes him capable of converting a technical text into a correct translation – without losing the message of the original text.
Technical translation between Dutch and English
- Translation of technical documentation such as course & training materials, patents, (user) manuals, instructions, brochures, books, white papers, presentations, R&D proposals, (chemical) safety documentation, chemicals databases, process descriptions, measurement results and general terms & conditions
- Translation of scientific and technical publications
- Translation of websites and online help & troubleshooting documentation
- Translation within computer programs and software
- Digitally as well as on paper
Experienced in the following fields
- Chemistry, chemical engineering & process technology
- Materials science & technology
- Advanced ceramics
- Membranes and membrane technology
- Information technology (ICT)
Profile of technical writer & translator Eddy Brinkman
Solution-minded, analytical, associative, accurate, quality-driven, critical, self-willed, technically-versed, bilingual Dutch/English, good with numbers and words, (misunderstood) sense of humour, sense of perspective, down-to-earth